For something that we all have and all use on a day to day basis, intuition seems to be steeped in mystery and mysticism.
There is a plethora of books, DVDs, workshops, courses, initiations and tools available that promise to develop our intuition and many people spend their time searching these for a seemingly ‘Holy Grail’ that will switch on their intuition.
After a while it all starts to get very complicated.
Intuition is simply connection to our higher self: by using the wisdom of our higher self we can live in integrity with our life’s purpose.
In order to develop your own intuition there are just a few points to remember:
- Intuition is personal so what works for one person doesn’t work for another. Find your own way rather than copy other people. This means that you don’t necessarily need to go to any outside source to develop your intuition.
- Intuition is a natural ability that we all have so we don’t need initiations from others to ‘switch on’ unless we believe we do.
- Intuition is as simple as asking a question and listening for the answer.
- We each have our own way of hearing the answers to our questions. This may be through dreams or day dreams. We may hear a voice or feel things in our body. It’s
like our own special code and, once we know the key, it becomes easy to decipher the information we’re getting.
- Practise makes our intuition stronger.
- Trust in the answers we receive makes our intuition stronger. If you disregard the information or don’t acknowledge it then you have to ask if you really want intuition to play a part in your life.
- A need to know makes our intuition stronger. Use your intuition to fulfil your life’s purpose and help others achieve theirs and it will deliver for you.
- An ideal start is to spend a little time each day in meditation. Even 5 minutes with your eyes closed and focusing on your breathing will slow your brainwaves down and connect you to your higher self.
- Your imagination is vital in developing your intuition. If you don’t know the answer imagine what it is if you did. What you mistake for imagination may very well be your intuition trying to communicate with you.
- Like our physical senses, intuition is a special gift and should be cherished. It’s part of living our lives with integrity and using our intuition to manipulate others or to be nosy just doesn’t fit with integrity.
Intuition is simple if you let it be.
Jackie Notman is an intuitive adviser and coach who works on an energetic level with individuals and businesses using tools such as Feng Shui, Numerology, Dowsing, Astrology, I Ching and the Tarot. This article is from her blog ‘Life – and everything else’ where you’ll find an eclectic mix of articles and information.
WANT TO PUBLISH THIS ARTICLE?
You have permission to publish this article as long as the tagline (above) with links is included and no changes are made to the article. A courtesy copy of your publication or link would be appreciated.